Sunday, July 21, 2013

Top 5 reasons why I love being your Esthetician

Good Sunday morning everyone!

I was talking to another esthetician online who has an antagonistic relationship with a coworker in her spa.  She was asking for advice with the situation.  I'm posting this because I know that, whether it is work life, daily routine, personal relationships, or family, we all have some area of our lives that we consider not-quite-there (yet).

While some others in our esthetician group recommended that our colleague start looking for another job, my advice was a little different, and I think it pertains to any situation that brings us down.

I posted that she could start by identifying her top 5 reasons for loving being an esthetician, and try to remain singly focused on those reasons for an entire work week, and see how that affects her experience.  To this end, I decided to identify my own top 5 things I love about my work, and I thought I would share them with you:

  1. Getting to know my awesome clients.  Seriously, you guys impress me every day with your amazing projects, talents, interests, humorous anecdotes, and your huge hearts and kind spirits.  Not everyone gets to spend their days learning so much about others' experiences, and I am grateful!
  2. Being able to affect people's lives by clearing their acne, hyperpigmentation, texture issues, and other skin concerns that are standing in the way of relating wholeheartedly to others.  'Nuff said.
  3. Well, you guys know me, so of course the tools, gadgets, and potions had to make the list!  But seriously, being in such an inspiring, growing field is an incredible trip!  
  4. The experience of mastery - being able to study and learn new techniques, practice and polish my skills, and derive a sense of gratification and a job well done with each new technique I bring on board.
  5. As an introvert, being able to close the door to the treatment room, put all the business concerns aside, and give my full focus and attention to one project (err, I mean human face) at a time.
I think I'm going to take my own advice this week and focus on my top 5 reasons as I go through each day to improve my experience just a little bit more.  I'm lucky enough to love the team of incredible beauty professionals I work with, but I can't love every moment of every day (see: laundry, payroll, fixing broken things), and it is truly the experience of caring for people in the treatment room that makes it all worthwhile for me.

What are your top 5?  In work, love, life?  What things do you enjoy so much that they can bring you out of a funk?  What aspects of your life give you reason to push through the mundane aspects of your daily routine? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment